Sunday, May 23, 2010

Brick and Mortar vs Online

I saw a YouTube video that was really thought-provoking. It was about the large lecture-style auditorium as a college classroom. I remember dropping my first college class that was hosted in an auditorium so big that it must have held 75 students. That class did not fit my learning style. Today, online learning is best for me. Taking classes online enabled me to follow the syllabus, look ahead, and see the online rubrics. I always had a good understanding of the class expectations and could refer back to them at any time. The online schedule was helpful for keeping me on track. The scoring rubrics helped me get an "A" in every class. The rubrics served as a checklist for my work. When will more educators realize that students today will not respond to that style of teaching?

No comments: