Saturday, December 24, 2011

Thoughts about New Teachers

Recently I have had the honor of supervising teacher candidates (student teachers) for Grand Canyon University. Being in the classroom again, even briefly, floods my mind with memories of the most difficult and challenging job there is.....teaching kids!

As I provided resources for these new teachers and collaborated on their evaluations, I realized anew the enormous responsibity that a teacher has. EVERY student must be valued the same and formative assessments must show progress for each child. I am privileged to assist these new teachers and rise up to my responsibility to inspire and motivate them to work with young people and administrators and other teachers on a daily basis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, teaching is a very difficult job. Becoming a principal and working with teachers is very fulfilling. It takes stepping back and reviewing the profession to really understand how to be a successful teacher. I wish to remain anonymous.